In line with Government Guidance in relation to the provision of youth services for children u/18, CCT are able to recommence our Band Sessions.
The sessions will be held outdoors in pods of 13( this allows for two adult volunteers to supervise). We are starting on Saturday 8/5/21 in St Vincent de Paul’s GNS, Griffith Avenue. Please read the following guidelines which aim to keep everyone safe.
- All attending the session will register their interest via the relevant Whats App Group for that week by Friday evening. We ask that parents co operate with this as it facilitates preparing the contact tracing list for the session.
- Once a child is assigned to a group, the child cannot switch during a session
- Only those registered will be permitted to join for the purpose of contact tracing
- The sessions will be weather dependent, we may consider an activity like a walk if it is too wet to play
- Children over 12 will have to wear masks when moving around. Masks can be removed when seated.
- Seats will be arranged at 2 metres distant during the session
- Children must bring their own seat/chair. We will mark out where the seats will go on the day
- Children will have to wear masks for the duration of the session (except if they are playing a wind instrument)
- Whistle and flute players will be positioned carefully so that there is less risk of contamination
- Children will be asked to practice good hand-hygiene for the duration of the session. They will be encouraged to sanitise their hands regularly
- No shop is provided so children and young people are encouraged to bring their own drinks and snack, no sharing of snacks. We’ll allow time at the end for snacks.
- There is no access to toilets
- Children and young people will be asked to maintain a safe social distance at all times
- Parents will drop and collect children at the designated meeting points and relevant times. U10s arrive at 16 50, collection 17 50. U12s arrive at 17 00, collection 18 00. U15s arrive at 18 10, collection 19 00* ( Our U 15 group is a large group and they will be split into two groups on the day. Please remind students that they cannot mix outside of their pod on the day ). U18s arrive at 18 15, collection 19 10.
- Children will be met by a parent volunteer who will bring all students to the school yard
- Parents are asked not to gather and mingle at the school gate
- Please do not attend if you or any of your household are exhibiting symptoms of Covid19. Please do not attend if you or any member of your household are deemed a close contact of a positive case. Please do not attend if you or any member of your household is awaiting a test or test results for Covid19.